Monday, October 22, 2012

K Ki, Ann Siang Hill

K Ki has been on my to-go list since about two years ago when I've read about their desserts online. We finally made our way there on a Saturday afternoon after a hearty brunch session.
 




 
The store was featuring adorable paintings of rabbits on the wall, an exhibition by Yusuke Shimura.
 

The Little Drom Store
I love the assortment of items displayed at The Little Drom Store, painting a psychedelic array of colours that livens the place up.
 
 
The store is shared between K ki and The Little Drom Store, and I was a little suprised at how small the store was. There was only a counter with about 11 types of sliced cakes and a drinks menu. Being our first time there, the staff was very helpful and explained the components in each cake so that we could decide on what we wanted.
 
The Little Red Riding Hood
$9
Our first pick was The Little Red Riding Hood, which comprises of 70% dark Valrhona chocolate mousse cake with a raspberry centre. I thought it was rich yet light and smooth at the same time. This would sit well with chocolate fans. 
Emily
$9

Our second pick was Emily, a champagne mousse cake with a strawberry centre. I was intrigued by its description but disappointed with the actual taste. I felt that the flavours did not really blend well together, leaving a slightly odd after taste on the palates. The mousse was overly soft, which was something I did not really enjoy as well as it felt like I was only having flavored whipped cream.
 


 
A nice place to chill out, but perhaps only once just for the experience. The items failed to impress, perhaps due to the high expectations that were pegged to the place.  
 
7 Ann Siang Hill
#01-00
Tel: 62256650
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment