Thursday, July 19, 2012

Salt Grill & Sky Bar

Dining at level 55 in the midst of the bustling city centre on a weekday afternoon proved to be an immensely pleasurable experience as we took the time off to enjoy the leisure afternoon.


Complementary raisin bread that was wonderfully crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.


Sashimi, ginger, eschallot and goats feta
The sashimi was fresh and refreshing, I personally prefer it without the goats feta though.



‘glass’ Sydney crab omelette, miso mustard broth
This dish was lovely. The miso broth was light and was an excellent accompaniment to the omelette that bore succulent chunks of crabmeat within. I enjoyed the interesting blend of flavours and I thought that the dish was really well executed.



Barramundi, burnt butter, capers, tomato and basil

A Mediterranean style dish with a Barramundi that was very fresh, albeit swimming in a pool of melted butter. Definitely a dish that I enjoyed.




Slow cook free range pork belly, smoked pork knuckles, seeded mustard, tarragon

For someone who is not a fan of pork nor pork belly, I must say that I was helping myself with seconds and thirds off the boyfriend's plate. Its execution was excellent and the dish was flavoursome. I found the smoked pork knuckles particularly good.


The ambience was lovely and the service was decent. I liked that they had containers for patrons to place their bags in, and our glasses were constantly filled.

 
For $40 per person for a weekday set lunch, the lunch is fairly value for money.

 
 2 Orchard Turn, Level 55 & 56 on ION Orchard.
Tel: +65 6592 5118.

No comments:

Post a Comment